I wouldn't Trade it for the World | Chesapeake Virginia Birth Educator

The way I’m feeling right now is a crazy set of emotions. I'm excited and scared, but the killer is the, (channel Dr. frank-n-Furter)    An. Tici....Pation.


So Christmas is just around the corner, I mean its so close its winking at me from the calendar as you read this, and with 4 children all under 5 in the house the anticipation and excitement is palpable. 

As a respectable 31 year old mother and wife I would never get caught up in such trivial matters I’m sure. Who am I kidding I cant wait for the fat man to butter himself up and make it down the chimneys or through the window or however he is doing it these days. But that's only ONE thing that's got the energy buzzing around here. We put our house on the market THIS morning. I know, I know, we have nothing to worry abut its a sellers market. Oh that was 7 years ago when we bought the house you say?  Well, C’est la vie. I just hope the darn thing goes! 

The biggest thing I am excited about it finally finding my passion and making it a reality!!!So as I said earlier I'm 31 and just now, after 4 kids, finding what makes me tick.

Do you know those people that you went to high school with, or maybe you are one of these people, that knew exactly what they wanted to do for the rest of their lives? That kid sat next to me. I was more interested in evolving in a more organic way and finding myself slowly. You know "let nature take its course" and all the other stuff old people tell young people when they don’t have too many encouraging words for why they are 14 years out of school with no full degree.

I wanted to be an art teacher for SOOO long and when I got married at 25 it was still a very real desire of mine. Things changed pretty quickly from there! 

I came home from my honeymoon pregnant. 4 months after our first I was again with child. One year later pregnant again, this one ended too soon. One year later, we were pregnant again, he was born with congenital birth defects. One year later, you guessed it, pregnant AGAIN.


 Before you ask let me address a few FAQs...


  1. yes we do indeed know what causes this.
  2. yes 3 was good especially one with medical needs.
  3. we did take precautions up to and including the big SNIP.
  4. those do not always work!
  5. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Having said all of that-- over the past 6 years I had more dreams than time, more ideas than focus and more kids than energy.


My passion had shifted from art on paper and clay, to primal creation; birth, the process and dynamics that surrounds it. I was very lucky to have some incredible midwives through each very different birth. Now I want to inspire women to have faith in their bodies ability to do what it needs without intervention to give her baby the birth they need. So I have taken the first step and am now awaiting the training materials from Birthworks International to become a certified childbirth educator. 

Why not a midwife you ask??? poop.  

As for my family, I think 4 is a good number. I don’t know how my husband and I do it sometimes but we do.


So today starts my journey to my new career and passion. I know and look forward to the challenges and rewards I will face.  Thanks for joining me on the newest part of my journey!

5 comments:

  1. love this beginning, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post and I am super excited to hear more about your journey to becoming a childbirth educator, something I have always been interested in so I cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm sure it will be fun and CRAZY all at the same time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete