a new year already...? Well I guess this calls for a change.

   A new year has come up on me like a wave. I knew it was coming but I still turned my back to it and was knocked over. I have come to terms with just how amazingly awful 2012 was and know 2013 will be a better year full of open communication, better feelings, kinder words, and gentler souls. I have had a harsh tongue as of late and it stops now. Even though the things I have said have been true to how I feel they have still cause pain in others lives and this is not acceptable. I have been WAY too blessed to pass on negative feelings. I feel things to my core and I was raised to talk...a great deal. These things both have their silver lining but combined they can be volatile and sometimes even hurtful. I am exercising my power of restraint and editing my words to communicate what NEEDS to be said and not whatever the hell I feel like blurting out. In other words I will still let you know how I feel but only after I have taken out the "you don't know what you're talking about"or (my favorite driving phrase) "shut the fuck up"  (I usually just whisper this one to the car in question) tone. You know like your mom and dad taught you to do but you never listened! Well after 4 kids and 3 decades of learning later, I think I'll give it a try!
   I don't typically make New Years resolutions worth their weight in salt but this one will be worth every bit tongue and clenched and unclenched fist. My children, husband, parents, and sisters will be the benefactors of this and I hope it is well received. I'll even try to stop rolling my eyes. Don't get too carried away or hold your breath on that one... baby steps people!
  So there it is in black in white I am a careless speaker and chronic eye roller. This all looks very ugly, so I'll change it. Let me know how you will change or stay the same, inspire me. We all need inspiration every now and again to change ourselves and the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment